He studied biotechnology and chemistry. In 2014, he received his Ph.D. in chemistry at the Chemistry Department of Università Degli Studi di Parma (Italy) whit a thesis: Supramolecular materials for sensing. During his postdoctoral fellowships (Università Degli Studi di Padova, University College London), he focused research on organic synthesis, gold, silver, silicon oxide, and polymeric nanomaterials as synthetic vaccines, antibacterial systems, and drug carriers. He has been associated with CEZAMAT since 2020 where he conducts research on surface chemistry and metallic (Au, Ag, Cu, Fe), inorganic and polymeric nanostructures as drug carriers, vaccines, sensors, and as precursors for biomaterials.
- Synthesis of metallic, non-metallic, and polymeric nanoparticles
- Organic synthesis of thiols, phosphines, peptides and polymers
- Characterization of nanomaterials DLS, NTA, SEM, STEM, IR, MS, NMR, HPLC
- Młynek, M.; Trzciński, J.W.; Ciach, T. Recent Advances in the Polish Research on Polysaccharide-Based Nanoparticles in the Context of Various Administration Routes. Biomedicines 2023, 11, 1307.
- Trzaskowski, M.; Mazurkiewicz-Pisarek, A.; Trzciński, J.W.; Drozd, M.; Podgórski, R.; Zabost, A.; Augustynowicz-Kopeć, E. Portable Surface Plasmon Resonance Detector for COVID-19 Infection. Sensors 2023, 23, 3946.
- Kamil Kopeć, Agata Ryżko, Roman Major, Hanna Plutecka, Justyna Wiȩcek, Grzegorz Pikus, Jakub W. Trzciński, Adrianna Kalinowska, and Tomasz Ciach. Polymerization of l-Tyrosine, l-Phenylalanine, and 2-Phenylethylamine as a Versatile Method of Surface Modification for Implantable Medical Devices ACS Omega 2022 7 (43), 39234-39249 DOI: 10.1021/acsomega.2c05289
- Kamil Kopeć, Agata Ryżko, Roman Major, Hanna Plutecka, Justyna Wiȩcek, Grzegorz Pikus, Jakub W. Trzciński, Adrianna Kalinowska, and Tomasz Ciach, Polymerization of l-Tyrosine, l-Phenylalanine, and 2-Phenylethylamine as a Versatile Method of Surface Modification for Implantable Medical Devices, ACS Omega 2022, 7 (43), 39234-39249
- Jakub W. Trzciński, Lucía Morillas-Becerril, Sara Scarpa, Marco Tannorella, Francesco Muraca, Federico Rastrelli, Chiara Castellani, Marny Fedrigo, Annalisa Angelini, Regina Tavano, Emanuele Papini, and Fabrizio Mancin – “Poly(lipoic acid)-Based Nanoparticles as Self-Organized, Biocompatible, and Corona-Free Nanovectors”, Biomacromolecules 2021 22 (2), 467-480
- Jakub W. Trzciński, Luca Panariello, Maximilian O. Besenhard, Ye Yang, Asterios Gavriilidis, Stefan Guldin – “Synthetic Guidelines for the Precision Engineering of Gold Nanoparticles”, Current Opinions in Chemical Engineering, 2020, 29, 59 – 66
- J. W. Trzciński, R. Pinalli, N. Riboni, F. Bianchi, S. Zampolli, I. Elmi, C. Massera, F. Ugozzoli and E. Dalcanale „In search of the ultimate benzene sensor: The QxBox solution”, ACS Sensors, 2017, 2, 590–598
- V. Caponetti, J. W. Trzciński, A. Cantelli, R. Tavano, E. Papini, F. Mancin and M. Montalti – “Self-assembled biocompatible fluorescent nanoparticles for bioimaging”, Front. Chem., 2019, 7, 168-178